(Collection of COVID-19 research also featured in “Publications” and “Research in Progress” in case of papers)
5. “Impact of lockdown on keyworkers – Findings from the COVID-19 survey in five UK national longitudinal studies” (with C.-C. Topriceanu, A. Wong, J.C. Moon, A. Hughes, D. Bann, N. Chaturvedi, P. Patalay, and G. Captur). Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. Online 11 April 2021.
4. “Evaluating access to health and care services during lockdown by the COVID-19 survey in five UK national longitudinal studies” (with C.-C. Topriceanu, A. Wong, J.C. Moon, A. Hughes, D. Bann, N. Chaturvedi, P. Patalay, and G. Captur). BMJ Open. Online 24 March 2021.
3. “Post-COVID economic recovery: women and children first…or last?” (with M. Hanson and N. Moodi). Archives of Diseases in Childhood. Online 27 January 2021.
2. “Building resilient societies after COVID-19 requires multifaceted investment targeting maternal, neonatal and child health” (with C.M. Jacob, D.D. Briana, G.C. Di Renzo, N. Modi, F. Bustreo, A. Malamitsi-Puchner, and M. Hanson). The Lancet Public Health, online 22 September 2020. Open Access.
1. “COVID-19, Childcare Attendance and Child Development in England” (with E. Johnson-Watts). Issues in English, 2021. English Association Editor. See my workshop presentation below!
1. “The impacts of COVID-19 on Health Visiting Services in England: FOI Evidence for the First Wave” (with A. Dow). Reported in “The Week in Public Services” by the Institute of Government. Referred to in relation to the BBC News coverage by Branwen Jeffreys of the EEF report on the damage of the lockdown to child speech and language skills. Submitted.
WORK IN PROGRESS
1. “The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on time use, beliefs, investments and child development for first-time parents in England” (with E. Johnson-Watts). Work in progress. See video below for a preview of some results!
2. “The impacts of COVID-19 on Health Visiting in England” (with A. Dow, brief now updated September 22). Covered in UCL News, Nursery World with a comment by Russell Viner (RCPCH President), IHV News with a comment by Cheryll Adams (IHV Director), Local Government Chronicle, and Nursing Standard and Nursing Times, both with a reply by the Department for Health and Social Care; CYP Now, Nursery World again with an opinion piece by Russell Viner (RCPCH President) and in the Guardian. Featured in BBC Radio 4 File on 4 “Expecting alone” (I speak at 19:25). Included as part of the evidence submitted by the Institute of Health Visiting to the Committee on the effects of COVID-19 on maternity and parental leave. Cited in the Westminster Hall Debate on maternal mental health led by Sarah Olney MP.
BRIEFS AND OPINION PIECES
“Rebuilding the health visiting workforce: Costing policy proposals” (with A. Dow). UCL brief.
“Prevalence of COVID-19, symptoms and testing in the U.K. – Initial findings from the COVID-19 Survey in Five Longitudinal Studies” (with D.M. Williams, N. Chaturvedi, A. Hughes, G. Ploubidis and R. Silverwood).
“Parental involvement in home schooling and developmental play during lockdown” (with A. Villadsen and E. Fitzsimons). Covered in UCL News, The Guardian, top story in the Guardian’s morning briefing, Daily Telegraph, SheThePeople, ExpressandStar, INews, LBC News, The Times, Financial Times.
VOXEU piece: “Supporting parents and children in the early years during (and after) the covid-19 crisis. Covered in UCL News.
TALKS AND PODCASTS
I gave an invited talk on the covid-economics of child development and early interventions at the webinar series of the Union of European Neonatal and Perinatal Societies on COVID-19 and Global Health. You can watch the video below (I start at 1:40).
Q&A from my presentation to the Institute of Health Visiting Annual Conference “Creating Healthy Children, COVID and beyond”. I talk about the work on health visiting redeployment.